Road sizes

Something I was wondering about while I was 'oohing' and 'ahhing' at the screenshots (pestering my girlfriend: 'wow, look at this one!' - she agrees they're nice, of course, but I digress...) smile.gif

Given the vehicles are oversized, the roads seem to be rather large - how large are they, CM groundscale-wise?

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, I do the same to my girlfriend Brian, but they never do really appreciate them as you can, do they. I think they humour us most of the time when it comes to computers smile.gif

The roads look fine next to the buildings and trees, which give you a good perspective. Check out a couple of screen shots near buildings, and youll see what I mean.

Quick Joke : How do you tell is a blone has been using your computer? Theres liquid paper all over the monitor smile.gif (you do call it liquid paper over there, dont you?)

Damn, am I dead if my girlfriend reads this smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 08-13-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Brian - the vehicles are not necessarily "oversized". The user can control the dynamic scaling and, if he wants, set it to "realistic" where all units are shown at actual size.

The roads are about 6m wide (roughly 20 feet).

Charles

KwazyDog:

Why are "Blonde" jokes so short? Answer -- So men can remember them.

My wife is a blonde and she could not wait to tell me that one. frown.gif

------------------

The enchanter may confuse the outcome, but the effort remains sublime.

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, well, maybe it is,(note the commer) Chris. Cant wait for the day when message boards have built in spell and grammer checks smile.gif

KwazyDog,

They call it "whiteout" rather than "liquid paper", and they use "trash" rather than "bin". Crazy Yanks! (never mind that I almost became one of them a few years back ... long story ... involved the XX chromosone pairing ... smile.gif )

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, ahh, damn, I had a feeling they called it something different. Ahh well, wasnt that good a joke anyways, hehe.

What really confuses me is the date being back to front smile.gif