Mine Rollers?

Guest KwazyDog

Guest KwazyDog

Hi guys. Ive read that you decided not to allow engineers to remove mines, because it is out of the games scope, which is understandable. I was just wondering if mine rollers are in the game? I know the Germans only really experimented with them, but the allies obviously had their fair share of them. Thanks smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

We aren't planning on having these. We're not sure how much they were used in front line combat. Obviously they were supposed to be near, or at the front, but I have read that they generally had poor mobility (especially the roller types) and were often left behind, got bogged down, or were only brought to bear for some special op. Were they more common/functional than this?

Steve

Guest KwazyDog

Thanks for the reply Steve smile.gif I guess that is a good question. From what Ive read, it seems the further the Front got away from the landing, the less common they seem to be. I read an account a couple of nights ago where, after the breakout from Sword Beach, 5 british flail tanks actually went ahead of the infantry to engange 88's ahead (didnt sound like a great idea to me smile.gif). 4 were taken out pretty quickly, but the 5th managed to take out the threat, and then went on to attack a fortified farmhouse further on. I have also read accounts of the Sherman minerolling varient being used in the buldge, and have a nice photo of one smile.gif

Ill do a bit of reasearh, but I imagine that the extra programming time could be spent elsewhere. Curiousity got the better of me (hehe, Ive already read about even damn post on this board, Im running out of litrature to read about this game!) smile.gif