Carentan campaign

OMG these Germans are raping me. I am on 4-6 round game now and they are just ripping me to shreds.

My main problems are: PILLOBOX'S and Artilary. Dude these guys cant even F#$kin see me and there pin pointing every move I go. The devs designed this campaign to cheat. I go to spot him and everytime the stupid ass spotters are dumb as hell and cant see them. BUT THEY CAN SEE ME!

The Pillboxes have taken 6 of my Shermans out already with just about 1 shot not even missing 1 time.

Anyone have some advice/experience to share?

[ May 06, 2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Pvt Ryan ]

It's been at least 2 years since I played CMBO.

The Carentan operation was one of the best times i had playing CM. Ok, first u don't fight pillboxes with armor, that's just suicidal. Kill fortifications with infantry. If I remember correctly I split up a platoon into teams and ordered them to go behind enemy lines. There they did recon, took out a few pillboxes, a halftrack or 2, and run into a company hq and killed him. Whacked some arty spotters too. And about the arty, aside from killing the spotters, all u can do is stay hidden or move from 1 place to another.

P.S.

I had more fun playing as the Germans , but that's just me I'm better at defending than attacking. ;)

Ty Yacinator for your help, however I beat it before I read it. You said you loved it? I hated it cause I was getting mauled by the Germans. But my good old American pride and army beat them! I am happy to have some hardcore Carentan experience now under my belt though smile.gif . Heres the end results:

Allied(me)

749 casualties (346 KIA)

9 mortars destroyed

11 vehicles knocked out

Men OK: 320

Axis:

449 casualties (215 KIA)

3 guns destroyed

5 Pill boxes knocked out

9 vehicles knocked out

Men OK: 275

Allied MAJOR victory!!! tongue.gif