Question on Scaling

In one of the discussion threads, one of our two PBEM combatants mentioned that he could move a tank hulldown simply by eyeballing the location of the turret in relationship to the hill in front. As I understand it, tanks and infantry in CM are scaled to make them more visible. If this is true, I don't understand how a tank can be placed hulldown simply by viewing its placement graphically.

If the tank is shown at three times its actual size, but the hill itself is shown at its true height, then logically a tank shown with it's turret above the hill will actually be well below the crestline.

Seems like this would also be a major issue in trying to place AFVs in relationship to buildings as well.

Are the size of hills and walls also scaled as the size of tanks is increased?

Just curious. I'm greatly enjoying the match. Thanks to Martin, Fionn, and Steve for taking the time to share this all with us.

Patrick

Guest Big Time Software

You can judge it just by looking at the terrain itself, really. But if you want to judge hull-down by looking at the turret itself, you can just hit the hotkey that sets graphical scaling to "realistic" and then the tank will be shown at actual size.

Charles