Ammo/weapon sharing clarification

I know this issue has been beaten almost to death in countless threads, but I still confused so I am posting some clarification questions.

As I understand it, except for acquiring from vehicles, sharing ammo/weapons can only happen when one soldier is giving buddy aid (medic) to a wounded comrade. When doing this the medic has to use the acquire command to take the wounded soldier's weapon/ammo. Is this correct?

If so, is it the case that a wounded soldier can, sometimes, continue to fight after receiving buddy aid? And, if so, what happens if he has been relieved of his weapon? Does he pick up another weapon?

Thanks in advance!

I know this issue has been beaten almost to death in countless threads, but I still confused so I am posting some clarification questions.

As I understand it, except for acquiring from vehicles, sharing ammo/weapons can only happen when one soldier is giving buddy aid (medic) to a wounded comrade. When doing this the medic has to use the acquire command to take the wounded soldier's weapon/ammo. Is this correct?

It's important to differentiate between ammo "sharing" and the taking of ammo and/or weapons from a WIA/KIA.

First, ammo sharing:

Units from the same immediate parent formation (usually, the same platoon) will automatically share ammo if they are within 1-2 action squares of each other. The way this works is that once a unit runs "dry" of a given type of ammo, it will "borrow" a clip's worth of ammo from any unit from the same formation nearby that has this ammo type. The player has no control over this -- it just happens automatically once a unit runs out of ammo if conditions are met.

Now, Buddy Aid:

Any unit on foot can administer Buddy Aid to any friendly casualty on the ground or in a building (as far as I know, units in vehicles cannot administer or receive buddy aid). In order to perform Buddy Aid, the unit simply has to be in the same action square as the casualty. The player does not issue an order to initiate Buddy Aid - it simply happens. When a unit administers Buddy Aid, it *may* pick up some ammo from the casualty, and it might also swap its own weapon for the casualty's weapon, especially if the casualty's weapon is "better" (it's especially likely that squad automatic weapons like BARs, Brens, and MG42s will be picked up this way). There is no player control over what is picked up via Buddy Aid -- the player does not use the "Acquire" command or anything like this. The game's soldier AI routines decide what is or is not taken from the casualty.

If so, is it the case that a wounded soldier can, sometimes, continue to fight after receiving buddy aid? And, if so, what happens if he has been relieved of his weapon? Does he pick up another weapon?

No; red "wounded" soldiers are assumed to be wounded badly enough that they are hors de combat; they will never "revive" and continue to fight after receiving Buddy Aid. Once Buddy Aid is complete, the casualty disappears from the game and is assumed to have been evacuated from the battlefield. Yellow "injured" soldiers will continue to fight if their morale is still OK, but you cannot administer Buddy Aid to an "injured" soldier.