Final Points System

What's the "final" status of the points system?

There was talk in earlier threads about filters for timing (e.g. no Pershings in Normandy) and rarity. Is that in?

Also, can a scenario which uses points also have restrictions on what can be bought? For example, if I'm doing a scenario where two infantry divisions fight, could I prevent players from buying tanks, or buying certain types of tanks?

Can points be variable in Operations? For example, 200 +/- 15 points.

BTW, could someone who's played with engineers look at my "Holes in Hedgerows" question?

Guest Big Time Software

We decided to bag out on a "rarity" thing. WAY too subjective and quite hard to do up right. Everything is done by date and inherent value. The latter is basically, how much did the vehicle cost to produce and how lethal was it. So a cheaply made, crappy vehicle is going to be fairly inexpensive, while something like the Pershing quite the opposite!

In the DYO (Design Your Own) battles you can select from Infantry, Mechanized, or Armored for each side. This determines how much of what type of unit they can buy. But no, you can't say "you can purchase this, that, not that, definately not that, etc" smile.gif

We do not have "mouseholing" or hedgerow demolition. We wanted to do both, but the graphical and programming requirements were too much for 1.0 at least. Only so many hours in the day wink.gif

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 12-09-99).]