Couple of Ideas, Take 'Em or Leave 'Em

Great demo! Really getting into Combat Mission, enjoying it more the longer I play.

A couple of things I'd like to see:

The big black square (rectangle?) that comes up when you press "Enter" to see a unit's weapons seems too large and kinda jarring. On my screen, about half the black square is not used. Might this info square look better as a dark metallic dogtag (oversized of course but not as large as the current black square) with the weapons info written on it?

Also, I surely would like to be able to scan my own "squad leader's" bmp into the game, so not every unit of each leadership category would have the same "face". Seems like this might give a little extra character to the units.

Anyway, great game!

Guest Big Time Software

Hi there,

Not sure if the black background is final, but we don't want to waste the VRAM to put a pretty pic in back. Also, the space is used differently depending on the unit you click on. Try a tank and ou will see that it pretty much fills the whole thing.

The head thing we aren't going to support. Chews up VRAM and also requires some sort of interface to tie pics to certain units. Not a bad idea, mind you, just not one that we think is higher priority than others.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Steve