Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

cmmos: what happened?

That is a very good question. I open each zipped mod and extract out the description.txt file before I upload it. Plus these mods are taken from the CMMOS/CMBO/Mods folder. They are the ones I am using myself!

Maybe during download something happened to the mods themselves.

Are these CMBO or CMAK mods? Can you tell which ones are failing?

MikeT

well, now that i calmed down, thank you for all this effort for creating this whole thing. after seeing how much there is, you had taken on a huge task. (i'm done redownloading btw)

the instructions i have came with the cmbb se mod disc. they say blah blah cmbb and cmbo are different. this is for 4.03

am i missing a read me for 4.05?

btw it upgraded just fine on win xp home.

for example, bfamily33 guns mod. in the zip are bmps, txt, and a zip for rulesets. what do i do with this whole thing?

The new CMBO mods are the same as CMAK mods. You install the mod using the "Configure" button in CMMOS. It brings up a screen and you have two tabs on the upper left corner, "Mods" & "Rule-sets". Use the "Rule-sets" tab and install every RuleSet that I created, they are in a single zipped file. Unzip that and save the contents which are several zipped files. CMMOS will unzip and install them automatically. BUT INSTALL ALL OF THEM!! Very critical here.

Next click on the "Mods" tab and search out and install the CMBO mods from there. Pick one and install it.

Now remember that the original CMBO mods are in what I call CMMOS3 format. The contents are unzipped and place into the bmp or wav folders. In CMMOS4 format, the new style, the zipped files remain zipped and are unzipped as you need them. This makes for less HDD storage requirements.

Mike

Hello, MikeT

I am having trouble getting your PzBde 150 mod to show up in my newly installed CMMOS 4.05. I have installed the zipped mod using the "configure" option a la CMBB/CMAK. When I try to install the rules sets (Rule400-619, etc.) I get an error message. What am I doing wrong? Your mod looks really great and I sure would like to use it! Thanks!

Check the contents of "CMMOSLog.txt" and post it. That might tell me something.

I just uninstalled the mod and then installed the very mod that I posted at the Database. No problems?!?!?!

What type of Windows are you running, 95, 98, XP?

MikeT

Thanks for the quick reply, MikeT!

Well, here is everything i found in my CMMOS Log:

CM Mod Option Selector Version 4.05

CMMOS install folder is d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet001\Info.txt"

CMMOS version: 4.00

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet002\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet003\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet004\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet005\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet200\Info.txt"

CMMOS version: 4.03

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet201\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet230\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet231\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet241\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet300\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet301\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet350\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet351\Info351.txt"

CMMOS version: 3.02

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet352\Info352.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet353\Info353.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet354\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet360\Info360.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet400\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet501\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet510\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet511\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet512\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet520\Info520.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet550\Info.txt"

Processing "d:\program files\microsoft games\utility folder\CMBO\RuleSet599\Info.txt"

Creating buttons for "Commonwealth Vehicles"

Processing "Rule001-000.txt"

Processing "Rule001-001.txt"

Processing "Rule001-002.txt"

Processing "Rule001-003.txt"

Processing "Rule001-004.txt"

Processing "Rule001-005.txt"

Processing "Rule001-006.txt"

Processing "Rule001-052.txt"

Processing "Rule001-053.txt"

Processing "Rule001-068.txt"

Processing "Rule001-100.txt"

Processing "Rule001-129.txt"

Processing "Rule001-160.txt"

Processing "Rule001-170.txt"

Processing "Rule001-299.txt"

Processing "Rule001-300.txt"

Processing "Rule001-320.txt"

Processing "Rule001-340.txt"

Processing "Rule001-379.txt"

Processing "Rule001-380.txt"

Processing "Rule001-381.txt"

Processing "Rule001-382.txt"

Processing "Rule001-383.txt"

Processing "Rule001-399.txt"

Processing "Rule001-420.txt"

Processing "Rule001-460.txt"

Processing "Rule001-500.txt"

Processing "Rule001-520.txt"

Processing "Rule001-540.txt"

Processing "Rule001-579.txt"

Processing "Rule001-620.txt"

Processing "Rule001-640.txt"

Processing "Rule001-659.txt"

Processing "Rule001-660.txt"

Processing "Rule001-661.txt"

Processing "Rule001-700.txt"

Processing "Rule001-710.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-052-000.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-340-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-380-000.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-380-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-380-002.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-380-003.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-380-004.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-380-005.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-381-000.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-381-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-381-002.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-381-003.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-381-004.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-381-005.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-382-000.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-382-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-382-002.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-382-003.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-382-004.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-382-005.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-399-000.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-420-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-500-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-540-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-579-000.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-620-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-659-000.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-660-000.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-660-001.txt"

Processing "Advanced001-661-001.txt"

WARNING: New Rule is not a newer version.

WARNING: New Rule is not a newer version.

Does this help? I am using XP Home.

Thanks again!

Steve

IT says at the end, "New Rule not a newer version"

Here is what I would do. Unzip the 150 Brigade mod in a folder somewhere and write down the numbers of the rules in there. Those are the zipped files within the zipped mod.

Next start CMMOS and make absolutely sure that the 150 Brigade mod has been removed. Check very carefully. It might be listed even though it doesn't show up in the main screen itself.

Then close down CMMOS, and check the folders within Windows Explorer. Open CMMOS/CMBO/RuleSet400 and look the presence of the zipped rule numbes you noted down earlier. You will find a Rule400-XXX and a Description400-XXX plus two bmp files each with matching 400-XXX in them. I do that to make it easier to find.

If you find any of them delete them completely.

I would reboot and try to install the mod again.

Mike

Next click on the "Mods" tab and search out and install the CMBO mods from there. Pick one and install it.

not cmmos for dummys like me.

i left the mod zip on my f: drive. cmmos and games are on e: drive. i installed all "your" rulesets. the ruleset for bf33 guns is in the zip. i looked at how cmbb 4.03 was done. the folder for mods has all the zips that look like the zips for cmbo at cmmods. the instructions say not to put the zips in there, the program will do it for you.

whatever i did with bf33 guns, i have two icons under misc for the guns, i click one that gives me choices. check garand with bayonet, click done. go into game no bayonets.

advanced rules are a two step process.

One is the lower set of rules, with the dark gray background. Select all the options you want then apply then. Close the rule, then open the uppser set of rules, with the light gray background and click on any..if any..mods you wish to apply then click on the "apply" button.

Start the game and you should see the differences. Now remember this, the mods are applied as the actual game is loading either from the map editor or from the main menu. You cannot just minimize the game, apply mods, and expect to see them.

Trust me I made the same mistake at first.

Mike

Thanks MikeT,

I did as you suggested. I removed the PzBde 150 Mod and found and deleted the RuleSet400 Folder. I re-booted and re-installed the Mod. My installed mod list shows it that it is there but I cannot find the Skorzeny placeholder to activate the mod. I think this would be because the rule sets are not properly installed, no?

I'm open to suggestions! :rolleyes:

[ May 03, 2004, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: spayor ]

SBP, remove the 150 mod, remove it completely. You said that you remove the RuleSet400 folder. You must reinstate that. The mod is placed in that folder and the folder must exist to be placed there.

Once the folder is installed close CMMOS, restart it. Then reload the mod.

I have no idea why this is failing. I actually removed the mod and installed it without problems.

Junk2Drive, the advanced rule idea is something that I have to use and the problem of which mods use advanced rules and which ones don't has been a concern to me. When I was doing CMBB I had so many advanced rule mods that I started placing a yellow "A" in the lower left corner of the icon. Now this can be done easily and quickly.

Now again here is the process. IF you want to use the advanced mods first you open the advanced rule icon in the lower half of the rule, you select which options you want installed and then APPLY that rule. Next you open the upper rule, and apply that rule. YOU MUST APPLY BOTH TO MAKE THE CHANGES APPLY. The mod(s) are only apply when the upper rule is applied.

Mike