The AI can bite me!

Sorry guys for the bad language.

What else is left when you are carefully sneaking your Stg's forward, and all three get nailed.

There was this Sherman out there with a gigantic S painted on the front of the tank. This uber-crew, wrapping their tank in Superman's underwear managed to survive four hits from the Stg's while calmly dispatching each Stg in turn.

And yes, it was only 1 Sherman who did all the damage. I watched the replay from each angle and saw all the incoming and outgoing shots.

Of all the rotten luck...

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst (edited 11-24-99).]

Spoilers, please.

And there are, in the tanks included with the demo, the Sherman W+ with the extra armor plates welded to the front... If the thing were hull down and at a good angle on the back of a hill, it's basically untouchable by stugs from the front. Even if it's straight on in clear ground, I think you have to hit the turret to do anything...

-John Hough

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... I had the same thing happen but as the Americans last night. I didn't mean to play a full game, just check out some bug reports. Well, I decided to play for real after a few turns, but had already made "silly" moves for the given game. Instead of falling back to a more conservative game, I kept up my peddle to the metal strategy smile.gif I was fighting the Germans on THEIR side of the ridge on the eastern side of town. At first I mowed them down on the move, but that changed and I lost the bulk of 3 platoons in the end smile.gif

Anyhoo, I went after those StuG's early and with a vengence. I got one fairly quickly, but only with 4 Shermans as one got bogged down in the rear. I was looking for the other two when one popped up behind the church and brewed up one of my tanks nicely. I managed to mass fire on it and KO'd it as it was trying to get to a better (safer) position. The third StuG came up while this was going on and KO'd my second Sherman. Engaging this threat I lost my third Sherman. HOWEVER, my 4th one took 3 direct hits. I looked, and sure enough... the one that survived was the "+" model smile.gif Fortunately it was facing the StuG and was able to shrug off the direct hits. Bye-bye StuG smile.gif BAM!!!! Bye-bye Sherman +, as a freakin Panzerschreck team had snuck up and zapped it moments later. Fun stuff!

Steve