Number of soldiers in a squad...

If this was already answered somewhere before I apologize.

I was wondering, as I will have some number of squads on the battlefield and they will take casualties as the battle goes , is there any easy way to tell how many men a squad lost, without say clicking on the squad ? I mean some sort of visual symbol could maybe roughly tell ? Is there currently anything similar to this ?

Thanks...

Peter

The number of men depicted for the squad decreases as the unit takes casualties. A full squad is shown as either 2 or 3 men (user selectable to speed up the game if needed). If you are playing with the 3 soldier option, your 12 man US rifle squad would show 3 soldiers until the unit took 4 casualties, then it would show only 2 soldiers. After the unit took 4 more casualties, it would drop to one soldier, and then, obviously, disappear after the last 4 soldiers were hit. If you were using the two man option, one soldier would disappear after 6 casualties.

So, while it's not an exact number, you can at least tell if a unit is between 0-33%, 34%-66%, or 67%-100% strength just by looking at it (or 0-50/50-100 if you are using two soldiers per squad)

[This message has been edited by Ben Galanti (edited 10-07-99).]

Guest Ssnake

The exact number of casualties is shown in some unit info screen. If the original strength w3as, say, 12 men, and they took 5 casualties, the actual strength would be displayed as

UNIT Sgt. Smith, 12-5

(look at some of the AARs by Fionn (turn 13 and after)