Gebirgsjager Units?

Guest Big Time Software

Rhet, thanks for the details. Seems my source was a little too vague.

What the scenario designer should do is make the Gebirgs units Regular or better quality. This gives you what you are asking for in terms of the unit's abilities. The fact is that, as I said, there is nothing special about the formation itself, only the quality of its troops. Same goes for *any* unit. You will have SS units that are Crack, and others that are Conscript, even though they are both the same exact unit type. That is why we don't have unit type affect ANYTHING except the emperical stuff (head count, weapon type, etc).

Steve

Now I understand. I was associating unit quality with unit type. What you guys have developed is better, it lends more flexibility to the game system. Does this mean that I can have an elite volkssturm unit though? wink.gif

------------------

Rhet

Guest Lokesa

Hmmmmm, give my guys elite volkssturm for internet play hahahahaha.

How about a range of quality options for unit type set thus only certain units could be crack or elite.

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, we thought of that. However, the only unit type that 100% requires this is Volkssturm, so I think we will pass smile.gif The others are more fuzzy on hard limits, so we would rather let the designers decide what to do with units.

Steve