Win2k Text Problem Fixed!

Dallas

I posted some time ago with a win2k text problem. The worst part was that when saving a pbem game, I could not see the game name and had to remember what the next number was. But the text in the game itself was distorted as well.

I got some helpful replies such as turn FSAA on or off and another one which suggested I use an old Dell driver.

FSAA I thought did something, but not really. The old Dell driver worked, but it was very slow for everything else and I decided the text problem was not all that bad...

Anyway, I was mucking around in my cmbo\bmp folder and found a bmp with fonts on it. There was another obviously modded clone of this bmp there too. By renaming the old file 3002something else.bmp and substituting this new version of 3002, voila! Every text issue has gone and I can use the latest nvidia drivers too. This is a win if you are experiencing the same prob.

If you have text issues in CM send me an email and I will send you the bmp its only 17k. It might just work for you too!

Cheers

Dallas