Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Die Letzte H etc. Campaigns downloads

From non tech savvy- single player-----------------What are these "Campaigns" ? FREE ? Does someone (?)develop a campaign and publishes it ???? Are they for single player or only online player battles ? What is Battlefronts position or interest in this ? Thank you--hope my questions are not too dumb ?

they are user-made campaigns. A whole bunch of single scenarios that been bunched up into one campaign so they follow each other.

They are totally free of charge and can be downloaded on various places, like the repository. In your CMBN folder there is a folder called Game files. In it there is another folder called campaigns. that's where you drop the campaigns. You can easily distinguish scenarios from campaigns from the file name.

Scenario ends with a .sce and campaigns with a .cam.

And yepp, they are for single players

BFC surely encourage campaigns as they have it in the manual how to compile a campaign ;)

From non tech savvy- single player-----------------What are these "Campaigns" ? FREE ? Does someone (?)develop a campaign and publishes it ???? Are they for single player or only online player battles ? What is Battlefronts position or interest in this ? Thank you--hope my questions are not too dumb ?

A campaign is a series of linked scenarios, where you usually have the same forces appearing in each battle (and they mey get replacements, other units turning up, etc.). There are a few campaigns that ship with the game (you have the 'campaigns' option in the game menu) - and more you can download from the repository at this site or the CMMODS warehouse.

Outside of what the game (and battlefront) support, there are some 'campaigns' such as the Onion Wars (for CM:BB a few years back) where there is a higher level (operational) game controlled by a referee, where players move larger bodies of men around, and then when they get into a fight a scenario is created (by hand) in combat mission to play out the battle. I have no idea of anyone is running that kind of campaign for CMBN, although I'm sure someone will sooner or later.