Modding CMAK Voices For the Pacific War

I've been working for quite some time on a CMAK Op that recreates the US Marine landing on Tarawa Atoll, November, 1943.

I've assembled a bunch of other people's visual mods that give a proper Pacific look to the game.

AMTRACS, Palm Trees, Japanese Flags...and so on.

Some details of my project here, with screenshots:

http://webandofbrothers.yuku.com/topic/13260/Re-Modding-Voices-in-CMAK-Beach-Red?page=-1

I have also found a bunch of Japanese voices in WAV format that were done for CMBO.

I would like to use them in CMAK to complete the transition to the Pacific.

CAN anyone direct me to a list of the WAV slots in CMAK?

I need to replace German and Italian voices with Japanese ones.

Once this is done, the other scenarios that have been done for the Pacific - several great ones by Hans come to mind - will be rendered much more realistic, and this may encourage other designers to produce new Pacific War scenarios - I myself have a number of ideas, including the battle for Hong Kong, as well as Australian and American troops in New Guinea.

I hope to make a Pacific Mod Package available - perhaps via the Mod Warehouse - that can be downloaded and applied to a copy of CMAK to create a full Pacific War Experience.

The original authors of these Mods will be given full credit for their work.

• 2 weeks later...

Your screenshots gave me flashbacks. Feel free to use any junk2drive mods. Although a lot of them are other people's work that I reworked for CMAK.

I tried using voices from a Close Combat mod years ago but I had not enough knowledge of files formats and converting. I ended up with scratchy sounds that weren't good enough and gave up.

Here is a link for you

http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/

Thanks for that link, Paul - although I must confess I've already got it :)

I've read a LOT of stuff about Tarawa, and watched a lot of documentaries....

At the end of the day though, one has to make the battle playable and fun....the real battle was anything but fun - a brutal nightmare for everyone concerned...

Compromises have to made in order to make it work within CMAK...

Playtesting so far indicates that it's both challenging and fun, and I think captures the essence of the real battle.....