Internet problems/questions

StellarRat

Is there a reason we can't play a LAN game through a VPN like Hamachi? My friend and I are having all kinds of problems with "real" internet option. I'm thinking the hotel he is staying at have some restrictions on their firewall. When we try Hamachi we can't see each other in the game lobby, but Hamachi is connected and running properly.

Is there a reason we can't play a LAN game through a VPN like Hamachi? My friend and I are having all kinds of problems with "real" internet option. I'm thinking the hotel he is staying at have some restrictions on their firewall. When we try Hamachi we can't see each other in the game lobby, but Hamachi is connected and running properly.

The game does use two internet ports when playing a multiplayer game - one for voice data and one for regular data. It is possible that their firewall is blocking the ports and therefore, internet play. As far as LAN/Hamachi play, I'm not sure. I don't have any experience using Hamachi. I think I'd have to troubleshoot it myself to figure out what's going wrong.