Binoculars view

pcelt

Is there no binoculars view in the TOW series. It would be so helpful and atmospheric to be able to look sometimes more closely at enemy tanks and infantry especially in the more long-range encounters.

I cannot find any ref. to such a function and think it is a great loss to a game of this type. If I have missed finding the info re such a function could someone point me in the right direction,

Thanks

I would love binoculars also! And smaller icons more like TOW1.

One idea is to have a seperate zoom factor defind in an *.ini file for "lock view to unit" ie. tank commander. Due to the small size of a PC screen the "view scale" is much smaller than "true scale". ie. "in true scale" a 75mm tank barrel would be 75mm on your screen when up against it. The *.ini file would let you set it.

Taly01 Thanks for your response--and your imaginative idea re some solution. When perfected I would purchase such a file from you..........

It seems strange with this type of game not to have a binocular view---Im sure Combat Mission Series had such a facility and very useful and immersive it was.