Problem Matching Pilots

Black Mamba can't play high ranking pilots. She is worth about 10,700 points in the screen waiting for others to join. Erich Hartmann and other high ranking pilots can't join, but 4000 point pilots can. Why is that? It doesn't make sense that high ranking players can't fight each other.

The whole points system is a dogs breakfast anyway IMO - experience points are fine, but you never know what hte "waiting screen" points are until you actually get there.

The points value of a pilot-pair needs top be displayed somewhere on the pilot management screen so you KNOW what points they are worth rather than guessing.

And then there's hte points that each pilot is worth when shot down/damaged - so we have 3 different sets of points, calculated in 3 different ways, all doing parts of what should be the same job - it could really use some rationalisation....

Loki and I were trying to get a game going with Mamba vs Hartmann. We tried Mamba as the game creator and Hartmann joining – No Joy. We tried Hartmann creating, then Mamba Joining. Again, no luck. Loki then had a mental breakdown and became belligerent.

<18:28 Loki_88> du blödes dummes hasenhirn, ich hab schon 5 mal gesagt das geht nicht!

My best translation is: You bloody harebrain! I’ve told you five times already!

<18:28 Loki_88> MAMBA CANT JOIN ANYONE...YOUR BRAIN DOESNT RECOGINZE HTAT?

<18:29 Loki_88> well you wanna try...hartmann gets up now,....check if mamaba can join

<18:30 The Bride> because mamba cannot join - i created a game for you to join... but we've already tried that earlier this week and you found out you couldn't fight mamba with any of your good pilots

<18:30 Loki_88> UP...with HARTMANN...check now it doesnt work?

<18:30 The Bride> hartmann is lower than mamba so i don't expect it will work

<18:31 Loki_88> asshole...

We need to do something about this problem. It leads to friction in the community.

Well what's odd is I can join Black Mamba with my lower EXP pilots such as USA and Japan, but I cannot join with my high EXP Russian pilots.

I think it has something to do with the aircraft value as well, because the Russian plane values are so low (698 for the best plane). It would explain why the highest aircraft I have fought against would be the Me-109K for the Germans and the A6M8 for the Japanese. I have never fought any of the higher value aircraft despite having a high EXP total.

Can you shed some light on this Brian?

EDIT: I can and have been fighting Jacks, I didn't realize their PV was higher than the A6M8.

[ March 31, 2007, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: lakespeed ]