Anyone else getting this annoying joystick problem?

daskal

I've installed the 1.3 patch, but I still can't use the joystick properly in the game. I thought I could simply drive the tank with the keyboard, and control the turret with the joystick...

When a mission starts everything seems to be ok, but after I touch the joystick - the drivers keyboard controls are gone, and I can't drive the tank with the arrow keys anymore. :confused: I can't control the tank with the joystick either because after a few hundred meters I cannot accelrate with the joystick anymore. :mad: Does anyone else having this kind of problem?

Hi daskal !

I use a Thrustmaster Fighter Jostick , it works ok. I use only the joystick to driver the tank or to control the turret

I use keys only to change gear when i drive myself. The keys works also but after I get used with the joystick I found hard to play with keys now.

See if u have the joystick drivers updated, or try other joystick configuration (drivers)

I've got a little kink with my stick as well. I've recalibrated in Win XP to no avail. I can't get full throttle unless I tap the up arrow keys...joystick won't do it fully. It's nothing major, though.

The T-34 tank doesn't respond very well but I believe that's intended. It's an accurate simulation of how that old tank would respond.

Ive got a Logitech Extreme 3D pro, it works in game, but i cannot alter the joysticks button setup! Ive got the latest drivers, and even installed the crap software that comes with it hoping to alter the settings that way, with no luck!

Im curious to know if Im the only person who cannot alter the buttons for the joystick?

Is there a game file I can alter via Notepad or Wordpad to tweak my buttons to my liking?