Scenario editor question

Are the ground conditions global within a scenario or can they vary according to location or height?

I'm asking because I'd like to make a scenario (located near my home village) where most of the ground is already pretty dry again (after some rain a few days ago), but the lower portions of the map (near a small river) is still wet, so driving heavy tanks through this area would be risky. Is this possible?

Dschugaschwili

They're 'global' within the scenario.

But why don't you make an operation with a sloping map with dry conditions as the first battle, and then change the ground conditions for the next battle?

Sten

Guest Germanboy

I guess sort of a workaround could be to use the 'marsh' terrain tile you see in CE. But you can actually not drive tanks through there. The command is not accepted, and the Tac AI will find a way around the area, it won't move through it.

But I understand the problem, and I think it is something that is worth looking at for CM2 or a patch. If you have land with agricultural use that is not totally flat, chances are there will be areas with streams towards which the land is drained. These would be muddy long after all else has become dry. This must have been more so 50 years ago, industrialised agriculture has claimed a lot of these through the introduction of complex drainage systems.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Scott Clinton

I don't know...

I know that fog can be elevation specific. Steve has stated this several times. Maybe 'dampness' can be also, or perhaps it could be done in a patch? Or maybe not. wink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Question for setup zones :

Will it be possible to overlap zones ? Like a zone that covers both more forward positions + that of the mainforce (resembling you could place some recons in advanced position but if you don't want to endanger them keep them with the rest of your force).

As in VoT I had really wanted some units in postions not so close to the frontline esp. support MMGs etc.

murx