Question re: firing of Marders

Cyrano

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11601.0

From the above: have there been any observed behaviors relating to Marders not properly? One hypothesis shared above, which I have not been able to replicate, is that, given that turns are one minute, they might open and be surpressed before the commander can intervene? This strikes me as unlikely as the TacAI usually takes the shots it has it if can, but I certainly don't know.

Any thoughts here would be welcome.

Best,

Jim

"Cyrano"

:/7)

I have experienced similar issues with Marders. There seems to be an issue with the LOS calculation: if you put them in a hull-down position, i.e. a position where the hull is covered behind a hull but the turret, the ATGM and oberservation equipment are still peeking over the crest in such a way that they should be able to spot and fire at the target, the Marders in CMSF simply dont see anything. The only thing that can be done about this is avoiding hull down positions.