Bought a new & fast computer (TERRA PC-GAMER 6200)

Intel Core i7 / windows 8.1 64-bit / 1x 8 GB DDR3 PC1600 / SSD 120 GB / 2 TB Harddisk / NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 card

But CMBB & CMAK are extremely slow! Tried already to run at compatibility mode with Windows XP and tried also with update to 1.4 and compatibility on VISTA but this also did not work :mad:

Hope someone can make me happy with some good advise!!!!

Greets from Holland Owl

I use windows 7 64-bit, so I am probably limited on what I can tell you.

Maybe one of many things you can do is try this program: (it's free :))

http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/gamebooster

In brief Gamebooster will shut down any programs that are running in the background that you might not be aware of, which in turn gives you much better performance overall.

Gamebooster only does the background program shutdown when you start any game that you have configured with Gamebooster. Once you exit your game, Gamebooster reverts your computer back to it's original background running programs.

There is this link that has questions and answers in regards to Win 8 and CMx1.: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=111157

Good luck and good hunting once you get it running like it should be.

Bought a new & fast computer (TERRA PC-GAMER 6200)

Intel Core i7 / windows 8.1 64-bit / 1x 8 GB DDR3 PC1600 / SSD 120 GB / 2 TB Harddisk / NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 card

But CMBB & CMAK are extremely slow! Tried already to run at compatibility mode with Windows XP and tried also with update to 1.4 and compatibility on VISTA but this also did not work :mad:

Hope someone can make me happy with some good advise!!!!

Greets from Holland Owl

I just recently went through the same thing. Here's how I solved it, with help from previous threads.

Alter the shortcut for CMBB to be something more like this:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "CMBB" /affinity 1 "D:\Program Files (x86)\CMBB\Barbarossa to Berlin.exe"

Change the location of the executable to wherever you have it installed.

Also, run it as administrator with Windows XP SP2 compatibility.

2nd, once you get into the game (for me, all the way into the 3D map), hit your "Windows" key. The game should go out of the forefront. Alt-tab back to it, and hopefully the framerate will be good. Note that others have just been able to alt-tab. I can't, because it crashes on me every time. The windows key works fine though.

Hope this works for you!

• 2 years later...

It seems to be an issue with the new hardware of today.

- Go to Computer /
- Local disk C: or similar, varies upon computer. This is where your game files are saved. If you have trouble finding this, right click the launcher shortcut you have on your home screen and select 'open file location'. This will take you to the next step.
- Program Files (x86) /
- CMBB (your game files) /
- Right click the launcher called 'Barbarossa to Berlin'  and select properties.

Paraphrasing - Computer / Local disk C: / Program Files (x86) / CMBB - right click CMBB and select properties.

Select compatibility, and tick the box for 'run this program in compatibility mode for:' Select the Windows XP (Service pack 3) option. Additionally tick the box below 'run this program as an administrator'.

Then, launch the game and once in a mission, alt-tab out of the game, and then alt-tab back in (this is minimizing the game, and then reopening it). I know this sounds weird but if you do this every time you enter a mission you wont suffer any issues with extremely low frame rates or similar issues, and it takes a few seconds to do. 

Good luck - xXmush.

Apologies to you people with a bit more knowledge about file directories and such. I made an easy to follow guide that people of all generations and level of PC knowledge can understand :). I would imagine quite a few people of all ages would enjoy the tactical masterpiece and historical recreation that is the Combat Mission games. I have loved them ever since I was a kid, and was really sad at first when these games didn't seem to run on newer operating systems.

Edited by xXmushmanXx