Very nicely done Battlefront! (simple question)

Thanks for releasing this game. I suspect you know that you could have charged more (and people would gladly have paid extra, including myself). The fact that campaigns might be coming is nice.

Here's the question; are their 'internal' weapons penetration .vs. range tables for each weapon? I'm almost afraid to ask because I fear a 'no' answer.

Really nice to have a portable, high quality wargame.

Thanks

Tom

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'internal', but if your question is whether or not all weapons are modelled differently and accurately, the answer is emphatically, absolutely, Heck Yes! We take ballistics, penetration, and effects very seriously. This includes the weapon firing, the range travelled by the projectile, the place on the target that was hit, etc. The game definitely understands the difference between the early Sherman's crappy 75mm hitting the sloped front glacis of a Panther vs. hitting that same Panther's turret front, or vs. other weapon types hitting it, etc., and different things happen as appropriate!

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'internal', but if your question is whether or not all weapons are modelled differently and accurately, the answer is emphatically, absolutely, Heck Yes! We take ballistics, penetration, and effects very seriously. This includes the weapon firing, the range travelled by the projectile, the place on the target that was hit, etc. The game definitely understands the difference between the early Sherman's crappy 75mm hitting the sloped front glacis of a Panther vs. hitting that same Panther's turret front, or vs. other weapon types hitting it, etc., and different things happen as appropriate!

I'll try to explain. I've only scratched the surface with the game, but will now happily dig deeper now that I know reaiity is being modeled. By 'internal' I meant that the data is there, but not neccessarily visible to the player. I hoped it was there, but I was just unable to see it.

I can be a bit more effusive with my praise now; I've played CMBO, CMBB and CMAK for quite a while. And although the depth of content is not there (comprehensive OOB's, random scenario generator, battle creator); the game is (we plot/we go', 3d, turn playback). And it's playable on a sub $1000, hand held consumer electronics device. I'm not counting laptops, notebooks or netbooks. For someone who has been wargaming for 40+ years this is a game changer.

Might as well put my one wish in here. I don't expect it, but would gladly pay more $ to get these features;

1) random scenario generator. Actually, that's it.

Tom