Demo charges: A soldier's best friend

When placing a FO in a building you want to use a short cover arc command, 50 meters or less, facing towards your artillery target. If you use the Face command instead your FO will engage any target within range with small arms, giving away their position...not good.

I found this out the hard way during my early days.

I will try that Animal Mother. Luckily, My FO's have been able to stay way back from the target area thus far. :) I would hate to have them break cover just to get a few pot shots off at the enemy.

Am starting to consider that CMBN is akin to the ASL cardboard game series whereas CM1, (and even CMSF surprisingly) are more akin to the PanzerBlitz series.

It depends on what level of play one enjoys the most.

I agree.

And it really dates you, because PanzerBlitz was before the (?more popular) Panzer Leader.

(Parenthetically, which is why this is in parentheses, I see that CM2 is noted in the Wikipedia entry as a successor to ASL)

Edit: I am going to expand on this. Though I think CMBN is excellent, hence my sig, besides the (to my eye) CMSF ports into WW2, it could risk the ASL issue of uber-complexity. From that era, everyone remembers the multiple die rolls one had to throw for the simplest of tasks--hoping or fearing for snake-eyes. In addition to being in graduate school, one of the reasons I never "got" into ASL was its mind-numbing complexity--this despite me being a chess champion, and someone who still reads math and contract law books for fun. There is an art to picking the right simplifications, and if someone told me CM2 would only be designed for company level actions or below, I would not be against it. The "scope" issue is why I have had problems with the squad splitting. Tripling the number of "counters" to move around, and, all things being equal, one should be dealing at a very much smaller (1/3) size of battle. Get down to individual soldiers, and a "big battle" would be for a single platoon to assault several houses.

Thus, I am going to assert that the success or failure of the CM2 project is not going to be primarily technical/coding, it is going to rest on the wisdom of some very important underlying assumptions. It is early, and the future in not entirely cast.