Error Initializing 3D Graphics

I am trying to run this game on a Power Mac G4. Its a newer model with APG graphics. I've got plenty of RAM (320 MB). In addition to the above message it also tells me to set my desktop to a smaller resolution. I've tried every resolution I can and nothing helps. I have the 1.05 patch.

rj, do a search for "Universal Installer" or "Open GL" in this forum. Several mac users have reported similar problems, and it seems like they have solved it by updating their OpenGL version to 1.2.1. (Of course, when I updated to 1.2.1, CM started freezing on me, but then I'm cursed.) You may also need the latest ATI drivers. You could also search for posts by user elementalwarre.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

[This message has been edited by L.Tankersley (edited 01-01-2001).]

rjbuck, if you are using MacOS X beta on your computer it can install several additional libraries into your System if you launced Classic Environment. Search and remove "Classic RAVE" shared library from your MacOS 9. You do not need to restart. Hope this will help.

------------------

rum