“Buying the farm" scenario <<<spoilers>>>

Played this scenario in hotseat this weekend. The parameters were: WE GO, Veteran skill.

(have to say hotseat was incredibly painful – I hope WE GO TCP/IP will be enabled in a near future)

Americans attacked with all their forces through the open ground on left flank without knowing that there is minefield there and sending one platoon to harass the Germans on the right flank.

Two Stuarts managed to get through the mines while the other two got immobilized. Thanks to the sheer firepower and Stuarts which broke through the minefield, the bocage behind the minefield was cleared from Germans by turn 22. Subsequently, the farm was taken after preliminary bombardment by 81 mm off map mortars.

From H2H perspective, we felt that German player has very little chance to stop Americans. Firstly, the Germans are low quality and heavily outnumbered (which is fine as long as its historically reasonable) but more importantly, the German player is significantly restricted in his initial set up zones - which effectively force him to deploy all his heavy weapons in the trenches on the left flank and which become useless as the enemy attack is very likely to come from the right flank, especially that American player is not aware of the minefield during his set up.

Changing the set up zone to allow the German player to deploy his heavily outnumbered forces as he wishes might lead to a more balanced game I think.

PS. Can someone recommend a good small to medium size scenario for H2H with a good mix of armor, artillery and infantry?

i played it as american, one of my first games. Didn't really knew what I was doing, and sent everything through the right side. The AT blowed one stuart, the IG damaged slightly other. I spent some turns area-firing the foxholes and the IG, while a platoon took care of the AT (with lots of casualties, shame on me).

When I cleaned the right flank I called artillery over the farm. three stuarts and every soldier waited to assault, when the fireworks finished, they popped smoke and rushed towards the objetive.

I won without really knowing, and what's worst, my opponent was bored from the beggining. There were very few choices for him to make, just wait and pray.

Maybe "closing the pocket" has everything you ask for and can be very fun. It's not included in the game, though, you have to dl it from the repo

Oops. My bad. I described the scenario as playable as ALLIED vs AXIS AI or H2H. But it is not ideal for H2H play because of the tight restrictions on the Axis player when he sets up. It was thoroughly playtested as Human Allied v Axis AI (5 plans), and to a lesser extent, Allied AI (3 plans) v Human Axis but never H2H.

i scored a minor victory as the axis in this one in H2H,close call though

the trenches are deathtraps so i abandoned them early and took up position in a least expected position

basically held the main road,working both sides of the bocage,up to the first tanktrap

i managed to inflict heavy losses on the advancing infantry,and the stuarts couldnt really support the infantry without fear of being knocked out at close range

apply a bit of stick and move to avoid the inevitable arty barrage

my only suggestions would be,regular troops instead of green for axis

ability to setup fortifications as you see fit

i lose more men in trenches than i do out of them,bloody useless i reckon