Call of Duty

Panther at 150m and the commander came out gunns blazing taking out three crew of the 57MM, seems like something that would happen in Call of Duty rather than CMBN. I set up a test with a 57mm rear ambush at ~110m and the same results, the ammo bearer team was wiped out and the gun suffered two casualties over the course of a two minute firefight (during which the gun was engaging other tanks). All due to devastating accuracy of the MP40 reciprically the Gun Commanders Thompson seemed ineffective as rounds bounced off the intervening tank, apparently the crew had the advantage of a shield when they needed it but could fire unimpeded. The tank MP40 then turned to a mortar team deployed to mop up and engaged them at 400m and caused several casualties!

Panther at 150m and the commander came out gunns blazing taking out three crew of the 57MM, seems like something that would happen in Call of Duty rather than CMBN. I set up a test with a 57mm rear ambush at ~110m and the same results, the ammo bearer team was wiped out and the gun suffered two casualties over the course of a two minute firefight (during which the gun was engaging other tanks). All due to devastating accuracy of the MP40 reciprically the Gun Commanders Thompson seemed ineffective as rounds bounced off the intervening tank, apparently the crew had the advantage of a shield when they needed it but could fire unimpeded. The tank MP40 then turned to a mortar team deployed to mop up and engaged them at 400m and caused several casualties!

I had the opposite experience. 57mm kills Panther. It blows up. Nobody gets out. In fact, i haven't seen Panther crews do much but jump out and run for it when their tank gets knocked out. The M10 crews have proved a little zestier. At least in one case they re-manned their TD when they could see 3 Panthers from where they were hiding. Then they lollygagged around in their M10 while the battle clock ran down.

What do I do differently?

1) don't deploy the AT guns until you have some idea where the Panthers are

2) then detach them and let the crews position them

3) keep up suppressive fire from any infantry you can find

4) keep up suppressive fire from any artillery or mortars you can find

5) keep hunting with bazookas and other infantry weapons

6) target tanks with small arms when you can