Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBN Demo errors Baz Assault Teams??

Managed to get a download of the new demo of Combat Mission Normandy.

DEMO

In the demo battle Busting the Bocage the US squads with the bazooka in the first weapons column (2nd platoon Echo Co.) when a assault team (A) is split off, the bazooka is with the assault team (A) when it should be with the support team/squad.

US squads with the bazooka in the second weapons column (1st platoon Echo Co.) when a assault team (A) is split off, the bazooka is correctly with the support team/squad. But if a second assault team (B) is split off, the bazooka is with the assault team (B) when it should be with the support team ©.

I doubt very much that the bazooka would be with the assault team especially if it involves close quarter fighting (i.e. house clearing).

I also noticed that in the demos editor that some of the modular buildings have no roofs.

MANUAL

Looking at the manual I noticed that the SPW 251/1 (Ausf D) only has a driver as the crew but no dedicated gunner. From most references I have seen the SPW 251/1 (Ausf D) halftracks had a crew of two (driver and gunner) which following tactical doctrine allowed the halftrack to provide supporting fire for the dismounted panzer grenadier squad.

The M2A1 halftrack has two machineguns (M2HB and M1919) but only has a driver and no gunners. I assume this is so because this halftrack was the standard gun tower ( i.e. room for the gun crew and ammo carrying team).

The SPW 251/10 has no 37mm gun.

The SPW 251/9 Stummel and SPW 250/10 has no 7.92 machinegun.

The PSW 222 and 223 Armoured cars should be the late models with 30mm hull armour and the original 8mm turret armor.

The US M4A1 and M21 halftrack mortars carriers are present but no SPW 251/2 and SPW 250/7 halftrack mortars carriers?

The M10 tank destroyer has only 13 rounds of HE but from my reading of the M10 use in combat was that it often was used in the infantry support role. Which resulted in the abandonment of the dedicated tank destroyer units after the war since tanks were more effective in the dual infantry support/tank destroyer roles.