Food Again

For clarification, dt should have stressed that these cheeks are off the head of a pig.

On a related note, last month, a friend was going on about how yummy mackeral cheeks are. I was imagining how much work would go into cutting the cheeks off a mackeral, and just how many one would need to make a meal. Apparently they're "not inexpensive, but worth it."

I had a hunt for mackeral cheeks and came across this amazing [i many ways] review of the Loft Project ...

before the link this is a flavour :)

Course 10: Beef Cheeks Cooked in Hay, Onion & Roses

While presented in a simple fashion, there was a lot more going on flavor-wise than was immediately on show. Whatever they did to those beef cheeks, they were out of this world. Soft and intensely flavorsome, they were complemented (and I would say lightened) by the acidic astringency (both sweet and sour) of the beer- and rose-pickled onions, with the brown butter and thyme oil adding a further notes of harmonious delight. The way that the sharp rose flavor lifted the beef cheek was phenomenal and definitely one of the best flavor combinations of the meal.

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/1440613-The-Loft-Project-London