GeForce 4 and CMBO

Installed CMBO and i only get as far as the black screen. Alt-Tab gets me an exception error c00005. I am running Win2K, 1.6G processor and a GeForce 4 MMX 440 card 8xAGP. I have tried to find old drivers as discussed in recent posts, at

http://download.guru3d.com/ etc and the sites are not there anymore. And anyway, i believe some of the older drivers wont work with GF4. I have tried messing about with anti-aliasing and screen resolution but behaviour is always the same - frustrating black screen. What do i do?

Thanks guys. Sorry i know this is chestnut but i cannot find a specific solution in the old posts.

Thanks Monty

I downloaded the drivers and installed them. Problem then is that my PC wont boot properly! The screens get as far as 'Starting Windows...' then crashes out completely and restarts the boot sequence. This goes on repeatedly. It is almost like the chip got too fast/hot or something (but i have no idea really). I booted in safe mode and uninstalled the 30.x drivers, went back to the ones that came with the card (41.x drivers) and the PC is fine - but of course i still can't play this game! What can i do?

I have an Athlon 1.6GHz chip and MMX 440 with AGPx8.

thanks again

That is really strange indeed.

You un-installed the old drivers via the install/uninstall menu right?

Sometimes you need a program called Detonator RIP to get rid of some old pieces of the old drivers before you can install new drivers.

Schrullenhaft wrote about it in a thread in this forum very recently. Browse throught some recent post to find it.

Goodluck,

Monty

[ November 10, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Monty ]