Accuracy of post-game individual unit kills?

I have a habit after finishing a scenario of looking over the battlefield, and looking at the number of casualies individual units obtained. This helps me figure out what tactics were effective, and I mentally give out medals to units with impressive statistics.

Now, I realize that during the scenario, the caualty total may not be complete, because a unit may hurt something it does not see. But I thought that after the scenario this was corrected? Am I wrong?

I ask because I was looking at the casualties of a off-board 105 module, which had 90 rounds. I thought I clobbered the Germans with it--but the casualties were only 4. It makes a difference to me. If I only suppressed and demoralized the infantry, that is important in understanding with regards to the use of that artillery.

In CMBO, the final "casualty inflicted" tally for the individual units reflects only confirmed casualties, i.e. those that the unit was able to actually see. As a result, the displayed number of casualties inflicted by each unit may not be accurate. This is especially true for artillery FO, who are usually some distance from the impact area of the guns they direct.

CMBB and CMAK show accurate casualty inflicted tallies after the game is over. During the game, the situation is the same as in CMBO.