downloaded scn.

Forgive my stupidity but please help. I downloaded four scenarios (Turnbull, Benicourt, Reckless and Cabbage Patch) and can't get the game to recognize them. I extracted them to the scenario folder in the program files and they show up looking at them through windows explorer. But they are not on the scenario list in the game itself. Using version 1.0, PC. Can you help me?

That may be your problem You may have to upgrade version 1.05. As any made after 1.1 could not be read by 1.0.

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM!:)

Join Rob's CMMC today Email me at <A HREF="mailto:Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

">Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

</A> Rob

For more info on Rob;s CMMC go to Robs CMMC HQ

Members of my CMMC should join my CMMC chat bord. http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/robscmmchqbord

Thanks for the reply. However, when I tried to upgrade to 1.05, ALL the scenarios were gone from the list on the game menu! The ONLY thing on the list was the feature in which you create your own battle. Everything else was just missing! So I uninstalled and then reinstalled to get back to square one.

I think my problem was that I could not figure out where to put the new Combat Mission.exe file.

More help?

Guest Madmatt

It goes at the root of the CMBO directory.

You should have the following directories in your install folder (the place you installed the game):

Mov

WAV

BMP

Scenarios

You should also have the Combat Mission.exe file at the same level.

Any scenarios you downlaod need to be placed in the Scenario folder and should have either a .cmc (for operations) or .cmb (for battles) extension.

Madmatt

Madmatt thanks for your help. Checking the readme file on installing 1.05, I managed to move the contents of the new BMP directory and the wave file okay. However, the file extensions aren't shown and the only thing I see that might be the Combat Mission exe file looks like this: C Combat Mission. Is that the exe file I should be looking for? I moved it to the BMP folder but the same thing happens - there are no scenarios in the game and it's still the 1.o version. I also tried putting it in the scenario folder but that didn't work either.

Of the four folders you listed (MOV, WAV, Scenarios and BMP), which one contains the exe file? Which of the four do I put it in?

I guess you tekkies get a real laugh from guys like me! BUT HELP!

I DID IT! I DID IT! Thanks Madmatt but I figured it out. Couldn't see the forest for the trees - it never occured to me that the folder I was looking for was the cmbo folder itself! Anyway, my baby is v 1.05 now. Thanks again. The product you put out is surpassed only by the tech support you supply.

BTW, after the Russian front, will there be a Pacific Theater version? Drool.

Guest Madmatt

Let me add to the adulation a little then.

You aren't seeing extensions because you must have "Hide Extensions for Known File Types" selected in your folder options.

To change that so you can see extensions you need to open a Windows Explorer window, then select Folder Options and then click on the View Tab. You will see that option listed, just click it to remove the checkmark and you will now see what Windows has been hiding all this time.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-29-2000).]