CMMOS and batch files??

This might not be the best forum to ask this on,but what the heck.

I want to rename alot of CMMOS .bmps to the regular CM numbered .bmps(an example:58708_ww.bmp ->58708.bmp).All i know about this process is that a batch file can(?) be used to rename all the files.If someone could either explain how to do this(i.e. get a batch file,i guess from the batch file tree,and then how to make it work),or if they are willing and able,set up a batch file and explain how to make it work.

*sigh* :( :confused:

Any help would be apreciated.Otherwise i am stuck renaming them all by hand :(:(

There is a way to do that is very simple. Part of CMMOS is a program that Gordon created to mass rename files. Normally it is used to add an extension so CMMOS can organize/assign files.

However it can work in reverse, I just did it.

You pick the start folder where the files are, you then pick the folder where the files will be placed. Then you type what character is being replaced, I just typed a "*", and then type in what is being added. I just left that spot blank. I click on apply and the extensions were removed.

Very clean.

I am curious why you choice not to use CMMOS??

MikeT

Thank you!I will give that a try.

As to your question about CMMOS.Well,i am a black/white,right/wrong kinnda guy.I dont need alot of option at my disposal when one is obviously the better of them all.

An example:

Think of any AFV in the game,doesnt matter which.

(Model A) is the result of the stock bmps that came with the game.Their ok,and if you never knew modders existed then it would be more than adequate.

(Model B) is the product of a novice modder and is clearly better than Model A,however,it just isnt how you would've pictured it in real life.

(Model C) is the product of an expert modder,and is 10 fold better than the other two.It also matches exactly to what you thought/think it would've looked like.

Why would i want any additional options or even a program when all i want is model C.If and when something comes along that ousts Model C,then it will become the standard.

Now the long story short,that i should have done to begin with.Why do i want a program that will give me all these options when all i want is the best available.Plus,it just seems to make things look better when different mods are mixed together in a way that CMMOS cant.It is also the gratification of knowing that it was I that put it all together,instead of just downloading and clicking some buttons.

Sorry if this was far more than you wanted to hear/know.