Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Sex and Cars

dieseltaylor

Just useful to know so start saving:

By Rick DeMeis spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Automotive DesignLine

(11/23/2008 9:02 PM EST) spacer.gif

As an ex-flight-test engineer and a car guy, the sound of afterburners at an air show or a race engine winding up on the track will get the hair on my arms to stand up. Along those same lines, the press release I just received from Maserati caught my attention. The missive referenced a study by the UK luxury car insurer Hiscox in which participants listened to the sound of a variety of cars, from economy brands to high-end exotics. The result (naturally) was that the sound of a Maserati produced higher testosterone levels than any other car in 100% of the women surveyed.

But one wonders, what the results were for, say, the classical "

" of an Alfa Romeo, not to mention the heavy-metal Harley Davidson motorcycle "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOmcVI9saM?"

http://www.maserati.us/maserati/us/en/index/passion/Downloads.html

all the files though are identical in content.

Wiki

The human hormone testosterone is produced in greater amounts by males, and less by females. The human hormone estrogen is produced in greater amounts by females, and less by males. Testosterone causes the appearance of masculine traits (i.e., deepening voice, pubic and facial hairs, muscular build, etc.) Like men, women rely on testosterone to maintain libido, bone density and muscle mass throughout their lives.

Raised libido - I like that : ) The 'taches are not a necessary byproduct than goodness : )