Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Question about Bergman's Shermans and latest CMMOS release

Dressler

I just installed the very latest release of CMMOS (after using the old CM Mod Manager v1.0f for far too long) and so far it has been working brilliantly. I do have one question about Bergman's Shermans (particularly the US and FF M4's) and CMMOS before I begin the task of downloading all the zips. Which tab will display Bergman's plain OD M4 variants with the extra gear and doodad options on the turrets and which zip do I need for these? Or should I just download all the Bergman Sherman zips? The reason I ask is that there are about 20MB of Bergman zips and I'm on a 56K connection. Thanks in advance!

The answer, somewhat surprisingly, is that to get the CMMOS Amie and FF Shermans, you don't download a CMMOS mod. :eek:

A little history of CMMOS might shed some light on this. CMMOS was developed by Gordon Molek as a (mutha' beautiful) extension of his work with Marco on the batch file system that Marco and he originated to display alternate nationality Allied AFVs. So when Gordon developed CMMOS, he made it compatible with the old batch file system and most all of Marco's mods (and his camo versions).

So, to get the CMMOS Shemans you want, go to CM HQ's 3rd party mod section and get: bergman_all_US_FF_m4_HR.zip. Once you unzip it,throw away all the old batch file system stuff (everything but the BMPs themselves.) If you get the Option Pak as well, you'll also have aerial recog banners, 3 piece noses and some of the other options that show up in CMMOS as well.

There is a compatibility patch for the old (pre-CMMOS) batch file mods in the CMMOS section at CM HQ - you may want to D/L that and install it as well, although I'm not certain that anything in the Sherman set needs it (it slightly changes a few BMP names for compatibility).

- Old Dog (who was there at the creation)