nView error for beta Nvidia driver install

I downloaded the Nvidia 27.52 beta driver (you know- the one that says it will work for all current Nvidia drivers produced?)

Unfortunately it is not idiot proof! I unzipped the files (which created another directory for the files). Double clicking on "nwiz" in the new directory produced the error "Wizard error - could not find nView on your system. Please reinstall"

So I reinstalled. Same response. I felt like I was reading one of those T-shirts where the front and back read the same "How do you keep a --- busy? Read the front/back"

There is a file in the same directory called "nView.dll". I am assuming that this is the file to which the computer is referencing.

I have a new Dell (Dude, I got a Dell!) with Windows XP and the afore mentioned Nvidia driver.

Any suggestions?

Install != unzip. Uninstall the previous driver via the Control Panel; reboot; then install (again, Control Panel time) the new version, being sure to specify that particular directory and that driver instead of any other nVidia drivers found elsewhere.

OTOH, the new 28.23 official drivers (which, at least on my Win2K Pro/GeForce2 MX400, appear to behave sanely, e.g. the white-transparency issue remains fixed) appear to come as a single executable that is itself an automatic installer. Might be easier to simply use that set, unless it introduces horrid incompatibilities with something else you've got.