tank stats balanced for gameplay?

synchro

is the armour balanced for gameplay? say... a tiger down statted to make it possible for shermans to destroy it from certain ranges and above? i kinda hope historical accuracy isn't compromised in this. it is interesting to pit 12 shermans vs 3-5 tigers and see if you can beat the odds. but if they're 'game balanced' then it kinda ruins it for me.

i think i read somewhere that in veteran mode historical accuracy is kept. is this true?

thanks

While individual scenarios and campaigns are balanced for enjoyable play, the stats for individual units and vehicles are not and are kept as historically accurate as we could make them, given the confines of a game.

The game does have three difficulty levels though. With the new upcoming patch, if you play at Easy level, your units accuracy and damage is increased slightly compared to the AI. At Normal, everything is the same and at Veteran level (because some people seemed to be beating the game rather easily at this level) you will find the AI has become, by and large, more accurate at gunnery.

Madmatt

to follow up, if you wanted to see a tiger in its appropriate role, esp in the eastern fron they would be used passed 2000 meters, but the current engine is somewhat limiting to size... and what would the point be of blowing up alot of tanks before they could effectively hit you?