About the AI behaviour

Nikki Mond

Starting locations, just like they were in CM, are fixed, however a given scenario can have a great many "triggers" which can force different events to occur. For example, the loss of a specific unit could trigger one type of reinforcement while getting to a certain spot on the map might trigger something totally different.

The internal scenario scripting is something I have really wanted to spend more time with learning, but havent been able to. While I have pretty much interpreted the main mission file (the one that dictates, the map, playable area, environmental conditions, troops and equipment load out and placement) the files that handle deeper stuff like objectives and reinformcement triggers etc.. is a little greek to me still.

Hopefully, much of this will become more clear with the editor.

Madmatt

Thanks for response.

Im thinking skirmish generator even on a premade map may not be possible then on the level of CMBO or squad assault. This game would require scripting and triggering entities using the high level language in the game. Although one could cut and paste scripts I suppose to some effect.