Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Multi-Multiplayer?

VonJakeOz

Hi Folks,

Looks fantastic. Will be buying a new PC to play this methinks. All the faith in the world in you guys- CM1 is still the only game I play...at moment...

Now my big question. How Multiplayer is it intended to eventually be?

Looking at the graphics and feel - it would be fantastic as a 3-4 a side as an eventual aim for online play. And hey, if thewy ai is as good as you claim, mistakes of other players might be preferable!

Also must say that I played WWiionline for a while & This looks like it could have the potential to rival that.... Now we just need to have a first person view bolted on ;)

Waiting with serious anticipation

VonJake

There is already a 1st person view of sorts. You can "bind" the camera to any friendly unit (if there is time I want to be able to add this functionality to planes and enemy units as well).

Once the camera is bound (basically a padlock) your view is just about at eye level or slightly above the main gun heigth for vehicles. Its the view I used in my Infantry Assault video from the Squad Leaders point of view actually and gives a very cool view of the action around you.

Madmatt

Ahh, but what of the multiple players a side option Madmatt? That would be a very neat feature indeed. Wouldn't need to be in initial realease... just planned somewhere down the track. Always wanted that it CM1 (and we have played a few many players per side games manually- they are huge fun) it would be a real treat and honor to login to 6 player games.