Attacking ships while in harbor???

I was just finishing off the brits, while playing as the Axis, and had recently taken Ireland by force. After bombarding an English target I moved my naval unit into the Port in Ireland, I think it is labeled as Dublin, but is positioned more like Ulster, anyways along comes a british army unit on the AI turn, and it is somehow able to attack my cruiser from Wales, across the channel. This seems quite unrealistic to me, even with artillery (of the day). Without redrawing the map is there any way to block this kind of activity?

Rough seas...While I agree that ship damamge while at see can and does occur, I think that you should be able to refit your ships without losing experience level, for doing so. If anything you should be given experience for weathering it out. It isn't like 10% of my crew was washed overboard and lost at sea.

Interesting observation Von Epps. I’ve seen similar myself. Also, you’ve the opposite, naval units can attack over land. Wales is a good example. It’s especially frustrating then subs are involved and sending their torpedoes far OVER land.

I also agree with you then it comes to the effect of rough seas. Lets hope that Hubert fixes this to the next patch.