How accurate are the graphical depictions?

As I am targeting a building with my Mk19, I move the target marker around the side of the building. Some spots are withing LOS, some aren't. Some windows appear to be reachable via area fire, while some others aren't. I take the time to pick a window within LOS and set for area fire. The line from the vehicle then snaps to the center bottom of the building and all my hits create a single impact mark there, nowhere near where I painstakingly targeted them.

I would like to know how accurate the graphics are of what is going on in the engine behind the covers. Do I need to care about aiming? Should I just target the building anywhere?

I also see troops in one spot, then they teleport a few meters away and immediately play the hit animation and lie down dead. What's going on?