Operations Graphics

ironbar

A small issue, which I don’t think has been addressed; I’d like the ability to add operations graphics during the orders phase. Nothing complex, just phase lines, unit boundaries and the ability to add an objective box around suspected mines/obstacle locations. Even in a form no more complex than horizontal and vertical lines I can superimpose on the map; an inanimate object that we could plot ‘movement’ lines from with way points to define the phase lines and form objective and obstacle boxes would be even better.

Ditto on operations graphics! Yes, you can make a screen dump and make your own but this tends to be sufficently time consuming to make it too much trouble to do (OK, so I'm a bit lazy!).

It would be super if we could draw a couple of named phase lines and some unit boundary lines either on a special planning map or on one of the overhead views. The ability to add nmaed checkpoints would be nice too.

The otherthing that would love to be able to do is attach text boxes to units where one could record a running AAR log. Even neater is if there was an automatically generated header that was added o the text box such as the turn time and unit orders,status, etc ..something like this.

Turn 1; Hiding

Turn 2; Move to Contact

Crossed Phase Line "Jump Off"

Turn 3; Move to Contact; Pinned; Lost One Man

Fired on by unknown unit 200m+ north of checkpoint alpha;

With something like this one can have a memento of a hard fought game other than a final score.