Help me with the "pause" command

Soma

Is it a bug or is it me not getting the meaning of the pause command.

I play WEGO only and came from the CMx games.

So thought that the pause command will function as a stacked command to coordinate your movement.

So I gave a move command to a loaded Stryker to the back of a building, gave him a 30 sec pause command to unload his grunts and then put him in reverse to take cover behind another building. The grunts got a move command to the first floor of the building and another to the roof.

So I thought, the striker will drive to the building, wait long enought to let the grunts out and into the building and then heading back to safety.

But the only thing what happended was that the Stryker AND the squad inside paused for 30 sec and after that he drove to the building and reversed immidiately (so the grunts had noc chance of disembarking the vehicle).

Whats wrong here ?

First the pause command should be stackable and not just for the start of the 1 min turn.

And second it should not hinder the passengers to leave the stryker (maybe they were also effected by the pause command or it was just that the Stryker refused to lower the ramp).

For WEGO this pause command isn't very usable at all (maybe for the example from the manual to let some squads pass a road one after the other).

Please gimme some info if I'm doing something wrong or if the pause command is broken.

Thanks,

Martin

I think the problem is with the unload, not the pause. As I understand it, the squad only unloads when the vehicle completes all movement commands. CMSF has no way of telling which pauses indicate the squad should onload and which ones shouldn't. Consider you might just as well tell the Stryker to pause for 30 seconds then move to the building -- in this case you'd be pretty upset if the squad unloaded during the pause before the Styrker headed to the building.

Try clicking on the movement endpoint next to the building and issue an unload command on the endpoint itself, rather than when the Styker is selected. That might work -- that's how you give facing directions at different parts of a vehicles path. It could also be that the behavior you want simply isn't supported yet and you'll have to leave the Styrker at the building until the end of the turn.