Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM:SF as umpiring tool

Hi, I've bought CM:SF as yet another tool to help me umpire a mini counterinsurgency MBX. If you are on the TacOps mailing list, you've probably heard of it by now. There are only two players and 1 umpire in a MOUT battle set in Sadr City, Baghdad. Many soft factors are modeled such as Civil and Public affairs (media, crowd control, etc). The victory conditions are unusual for a wargame.

I'm looking mainly for one-sided observers which are available for taking over part or the totality of a side if RL factors get in the way. This is mostly important for the RED faction at the moment. The battle is Bn-sized and the whole game will last 24-48 game hours, so I mean it when I call it a mini MBX. Some on this list are likely to be interested.

If you are interested, have a look at the public site (We're setting up RED at the moment) and get in touch with me! TacOps is the main gameboard, but I would love to use CM:SF where TacOps isn't designed for doing (bunker-busting ATGMs, etc.). Two-ways observers are also welcomed, but right now I want to ensure a fast-paced battle and don't want to run out of commanders.

http://www.opcon.org/SadrCity/

Christian

[ December 03, 2007, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: bongotastic ]