Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Thank you, thank you

I've very much enjoyed this one. I'm an CM fan from waay back (played Muzzle Velocity back in the day, and CM:SF just, . . . wow).

I've made up some great scenarios, mostly all infantry, and it just takes me back to my grunt days and all those patrol classes in Benning. I note, that your grunts don't cross danger areas like they should! (I'm just kidding!)

I heartily approve of the new 1.03 graphics -- the grass looks awesome. It just blew me away.

The grunts just disappear in the stuff. It's great.

Here are some points of er, discussion. Not complaint, just a wish list.

1. I do miss the fully custom unit point buy system from CM; I don't like the current way to purchase units. I realize the TOE thing is important, but surely the customers that are buying these games understand TOE and would enjoy the ability to create their own? That's half the fun for me. I can't seem to get enough M114 with guns on them, for instance. That frustrates me.

2. I do wish we had some cargo trucks for convoy ops. Recovery vehicles, dune buggies, and other vehicles (even if they came out one at a time) would make me spend lots of money. Think about the Flight Sim community and just release one vehicle for a couple of bucks. I be buying them up.

3. Barbed-wire. I'd like to see my little guys breaching wire and such.

4. Grenade Launchers: the M203s should have self-defense rounds, thermobaric ones, colored smoke, and parachute flare. Definitely parachute flares. That would be so sweet. Which leads me to . . .

5. Claymores. I want to do mechanical ambushes, and setting up claymores would just make me have a happy day, let me tell ya!

6. Night Vision Mode. I'd like to see dim tracers and other night vision only effects working in a night vision mode, so the player could hit s switch if he has it (and the reds that don't can't!).

7. Where are the helos and fast ropes? This came is just begging for some special ops expansions. Give us some beach maps with RIBs, combat swimmers, and amtracs too.

I could go on. Suffice it to say that you guys are wizards of the first order and have added countless hours of glee and merriment to my life since the first CM title. Thanks again!