Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Pre Ordering Dates - UK delivery

I would have liked to have pre-ordered from BF. However, after the situation with ToW: not getting the promised early download; AND waiting weeks for the physical delivery, I opted to save money and pre-ordered from Play.Com.

I now notice that the delivery date on Play.com and Amazon.co.uk has slipped to 10 August 2007.

Is this a deliberate ploy to encourage users to buy direct from BF or Paradox?

If I order direct from BF it will cost me an extra $20 (£10) give or take. It would be worth that to have the game a fortnight early and a better manual. If BF convince me that they have sorted out their European delivery problems I will give them my cash directly.

Any thoughts/information appreciated.

after the situation with ToW: not getting the promised early download
hellooooo what does this mean I was under the impression there would be an early download for pre-orders? isn't that correct? :confused:

Also regardless of the play.com delivery date (I mean even if it is wrong) there is a postal strike in the UK next week stretching over sveral days that will probably delay deliveries

Yeah just checked your right no early download..dunno where I got that from...wishful thinking probably.

But as long as its a 27th download i'm fine with that.

wouldn't it be worth you canceling play.com and going for the BF pre order?...go on, you know it makes sense ;)