Vertical Roll Question

Northstar

The answer to this question would be obvious if I was familiar with the card game, but since I'm not...

Is the fact that a Vertical Roll card cannot be used if you do not start the Leader turn at the same elevation as an enemy a design decision (a rule from the card game) or is it a side effect of the interface (the fact that your hand doesn't open for play until you click on a target icon, and if you are not at the same elevation as an enemy there are no target icons).

It seems a bit odd that I am allowed to make two elevation changes if I have a Vertical Roll card, but only if I am at the same altitude as an enemy aircraft.

Just wondering.

The card game does allow you to play a Vertical Roll without regard to whether or not an enemy is at your altitude. In order to simplify the interface, and improve the flow of the game, we decided to not allow that in the computer game.

We might add that capability in for a future release, but it's not on the immediate radar.

This is definitely something I would like to see added in the future. It would add a nice tactical dimension, and one more thing to keep on your toes about.

There you are, flying along two altitude levels below your opponent, not a care in the world, when he plays "Vertical Roll" and WHAM!

This is, or course, assuming I am the WHAMMER!, not the WHAMMEE! :D

ahhh......

I've never played(or even heard of) the card game, and I regularly use the "2 degrees of seperation" to ensure I don't get attacked in the last bound if I'm not doing so well.