I just played the demo and, well, it's really a superb work. Grats!

I only need to inform on a small historical inaccuracy about the Italian national anthem when you click on Rome. It's the post-WWII anthem of the Italian Republic. But, untile 1946, the Italian national anthem was the "Marcia Reale" (Royal March). You can find a mp3 here: http://www.radiomarconi.com/marconi/marcia/index.html

Great job, boys!

Actually, to be totally accurate the pre-war anthem is called the "March Marcia Reale d'Ordinanza" but I went with the Republic of Italy's "Il Canto degli Italiani" because it is much more recognizable (and I couldn't find a great version of the other one!). I guess I could fix this down the road in a patch. To be honest, my original idea was for EVERY country to have its own unique theme but when I asked Hubert for that he just wept quietly to himself so the idea was sorta pushed aside for the time being... ;)

Madmatt

p.s. Also, in reality this theme (Il Canto degli Italiani) was chosen in 1947 but only as a provisional theme. It was never officially confirmed... To make matters even more confusing, there was a second theme called "Giovinezza" which was originally Musselini's fascist party theme but was later referred to as the secondary national theme.

By the way, there has been talk recently of changing the national theme altogether...

[ April 05, 2006, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Thanks for your comment and for your job, Madmatt. I'm Italian, so I feel a little odd to hear the "Inno di Mameli" (popular name of the "Il canto degli Italiani") inside of the "Marcia reale" (popular name of the "Marcia reale d'ordinanza"). You are right: "Giovinezza" was the anthem of the PNF ("National Fascist Party"), so it's not the right choice for the game. There are a lot of sites with mp3 or wav of the "Marcia reale". The beginning beats of the music are very typical and, I think, very suitable for the game.