Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Help with Demo, Win2000 and Voodoo 3

Malyk

I just downloaded the demo to see if I'd like to purchase the game but when I run the demo nothing happens.

Well, that isn't exactly true. The demop opens the first screen (the one to determine the video settings) but it is transparent. Its like it is behind the desktop. Also, the mouse moves to the center of the screen and disappears. It reappears if I move the mouse. Also, if I click on the desktop I see a windo animation for minimizing the windo. I also see the animation to maximize the window but nothing ever appears.

I'm running win 2000 professional SP1, and a voodoo 3 3000 with the latest beta drivers.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

I would do a search on Windows 2000. It seems to me that this has been discussed before. I don't use Win2K, but I believe there is plenty of info on the forum.

Hope you get it resolved, as this game is fantastic.

[This message has been edited by ACTOR (edited 09-04-2000).]

ACTOR thanks for looking that up for me. Unfortunately, I had already read that particular thread.

I'm not really concerned about the in-game problems yet. What I'm trying to do is start the game at all. Yes, I recognize that there will probably be problems when, and if, I get the game running, but I'd still like to see for myself.

Anywya, I have tried just about everything I could think of to get this to work on the pc and I haven't been able to do it. Fortunately I'm going to be installing windows 98se on another machine tonight so I will try it on that machine as well. (Although it has a voodoo banshee in it...oh well.)

Mike