BFC:one sincere feature request

laxx

Hi,

I think generally everybody agrees that CMBB is more challenging than CMBO.

For a lot of newbies (me included), the learning curve is steep, i tend to play lots of custom scenarios (rather than QB or cd scenarios), so that I can test out tactics, especially engagement types or offensive types when skill, knowledge of terrain, troops are an important mix.

My feature request is this:

Is it possible for "No Fog of War" to prevent the AI from knowing my troop positions ? In other words, I know where the enemy is but the AI does not ? current NFOW is very equitable, and AI is usually smart enuff to exploit my troop positions.

This will be a great tool for newbie wargamers in single-player games. There is a chinese proverb by Sun-Tze which is very applicable here :

"Zhi Zi Zhi Pi, Bai Zhan Bai Shen"

Know yourself, know your enemy, a hundred battles, a hundred success.

Of coss, this feature is for training purposes. and gradually, the user "upgrades" all the way to Extreme FOW as his grog prides gets the better of him. smile.gif

laxx

[ November 19, 2002, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: laxx ]

Back during the CMBO days, BTS announced that the AI always plays under the most severe FOW available regardless of what setting the human player is using. I have not heard that that has been changed. I think it has gotten better at intelligently anticipating hostile moves. It was always good, for instance, at siting AT guns.

Michael

[ November 19, 2002, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]