SU 152 & 122 how do you

get them to stand and fight. I have now played a couple of scenerios using them, and find it difficult get get them to remain in position when facing armor threats. I have tried hull down positions, V arc commands, and the threat of death.

Seems the AI has intentions other than mine. I could understand backing away from Tigers, Panthers, or any large caliber AT weapon, but mine won't even fight panzer III's or StuGs.

How do you use these weapons systems?

I just played a battle and had some good success versus Tigers with my 2 SU 152's.

Using the Shoot and Scoot command up to a hulldown position on a ridge, I managed to take out 3 Tigers over 5 minutes. (All the Tigers were in the open. One of them being previously immobilized. All were buttoned up due to Maxim fire.)

Nice!

I also noticed that Tigers make short work of IS-2's. and Panthers are D*MN Deadly!! Yikes!

Gpig

Originally posted by CC_Brad:

The long range encounters are brutal against the german guns. The Pz. IV's 75mm L48 more than hold their own against the T-34s from my early experiences on the steppes.

God have mercy on the Russian Player that doesn't buy lots of smoke Artillary while attacking the Germans.